What We Do
Metro Pain Group are Global Leaders in the Field of Pain Management
Our team of expert practitioners aim to enhance our patients’ quality of life through the reduction of acute, chronic and complex pain.
Our integrated approach to pain encompasses the recognition and management of biopsychosocial factors through the collaboration of our multidisciplinary team comprising of doctors, physician associates, nurses, psychologists and a rehab coordinator. As pioneers in pain
management, we offer advanced, innovative and evidence-based therapies tailored to suit individual patients.
Our practitioners significantly contribute to the advancement of pain medicine through direct and ongoing support in clinical research.
We deliver exceptional patient experience by adopting excellent practices in all aspects of patient care. Our purpose-built facility onsite has direct access to operating theatres, an interventional CT suite and overnight hospital beds.
What we do
Metro Pain Group adopts a comprehensive integrated approach in treating pain by recognising and managing biopsychosocial factors surrounding the patient.
Our multidisciplinary team conducts assessment and management of pain conditions including:
- Sciatica-radicular pain
- Chronic post-surgical pain
- Undiagnosed pain
- Depression, anxiety and other psychological symptoms associated with chronic pain
- Back pain
- Failed back surgery
- Hip, groin and pelvic pain
- Neck pain / whiplash
- Chronic and referred pain
- Neuropathic pain
Metro Pain Group, formerly known as Metro Spinal Clinic was founded by Dr David Vivian in 1986 in Melbourne, Australia.
Having been awarded the Excellence in Pain Practice Award for consecutive years since 2011 by the World Institute of Pain and as the only practice in Australia to receive the prestigious award to date, the clinic has since grown with a vision to become a leader in pain management. Metro Pain Group is now located
in Clayton, right in the heart of the Monash Medical precinct in Southeast Melbourne. From here, we conduct our patient assessments and treatments in purpose built state-of-the-art facility with 7 consult rooms, treatment room and onsite access to operating theatres.
Today Metro Pain Group comprises of 8 medical practitioners and specialists, 4 allied health practitioners, specialists nurses and over 50 members of staff with a dedicated research team, clinical and business support.
- Reduce our patient’s pain so they can do the things they love.
- Leadership in pain medicine through clinical research, education and multidisciplinary care.
- Excellence in every step of our patient’s journey.
- Global leaders and educators in evidence based multidisciplinary pain management.
- The preeminent interventional pain training centre in Australia.
- Renowned for providing an exceptional patient experience and clinical outcomes.