Metro Pain Group, formerly known as Metro Spinal Clinic was founded by Dr David Vivian in 1986 in Melbourne, Australia.
Having been awarded the Excellence in Pain Practice Award for consecutive years since 2011 by the World Institute of Pain and as the only practice in Australia to receive the prestigious award to date, the clinic has since grown with a vision to become a leader in chronic pain management. Metro Pain Group is now located
in Clayton, right in the heart of the Monash Medical precinct in Southeast Melbourne. From here, we conduct our patient assessments and treatments in purpose built state-of-the-art facility with 7 consult rooms, treatment room and onsite access to operating theatres.
Today Metro Pain Group comprises of 8 medical practitioners and specialists, 4 allied health practitioners, specialists nurses and over 50 members of staff with a dedicated research team, clinical and business support.
- Reduce our patient’s pain so they can do the things they love.
- Leadership in pain medicine through clinical research, education and multidisciplinary care.
- Excellence in every step of our patient’s journey.
- Global leaders and educators in evidence based multidisciplinary chronic pain management.
- The preeminent interventional pain training centre in Australia.
- Renowned for providing an exceptional patient experience and clinical outcomes.